Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:29:40 -0700

On 07/25/2011 01:20 AM, Michael Höin wrote:
> Thanks for all replies.
>
>> This seems very unexpected.
>> Can you attach a python script that demonstrates the problem?
>
> This is the workflow with the problem:
> www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/Flow.py

You realize that you never mentioned in the previous email that you were
using the OFDM blocks. I thought something was fundamentally broken in
gnuradio...

In any case, I wouldnt expect the throttle block and cpu usage to have
any effect on this flow graph. Its just a pure-simulation flow graph.
Perhaps there is a problem in the OFDM blocks. I will have to let the
author comment.

> With the command:
> diff -u test1.txt test.txt | diffstat
> after two runs I searched in the vector-sinks the differences. Typically
> blocks of some thousand samples were at the output of the
> (self.ofdm_symbole,0) loss.
> Completness the sourcecode of my two blocks:
> www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/howto_ofdm_symbol_cutter_cc.cc
> www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/howto_framestart_detecter_cc.cc
> This is the file for the file-source:
> http://www.zhaw.ch/~hoim/Record1.dat