Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph

From: Michael Höin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing samples in the flowgraph
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:24:51 +0200

Hi Marcus

Thanks for reply.

> In the example you gave earlier, using a file-source, you run the >
flow-graph for 13 seconds, then call tb.stop(), then harvest the vector
> sink. You then make the observation that there are "missing samples".

> Are you actually comparing samples, or simply observing that the >
number of samples harvested from the vector sink is different on a run >
to run basis?

I am absolutely agree with that what you wrote, but I compare samples.
After 13 seconds I wrote the samples (out of the vector-sink) in to a
file (test.txt). Then I restart the flow and save the samples to a
different file (test1.txt).
In the flow-graph this lines do this:
filename = "test.txt"
file = open(filename, 'w')
for i in result_data0:
    file.write(str(i.imag) + '\t' + str(i.real) + '\n')
file.close()

After this two steps I compare the files with the command:
diff -u test1.txt test.txt | diffstat

This shows me all the differences in this two files. I see that blocks
of some thousand samples are loss from time to time inside the files.

I have no more ideas how I can solve this problem :-(

Thanks for your help.
Michael