Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Received Signal Power ?

From: Kresimir Dabcevic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Received Signal Power ?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:19:31 +0200

Yes, there is an onboard sensor, http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#xcvr-2450 , but it produces HIGHLY inaccurate results. You can access its values with read_rssi().

> Secondly. Capturing the samples right at the output of the USRP,
> meaning within "gr.fft_filter_ccc" or maybe within the
> "gr.probe_avg_mag_sqrd_c"?

Just take the stream from the USRP and perform
10*LOG10(DECIMATE(SINGLE_POLE_IIR_FILTER(COMPLEX_TO_MAG**2(SIGNAL))))

via signal processing blocks (this is what Marcus Leech referred me to do, you could find that post somewhere in the archives).

Regards,
Kresimir