Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Interface to Linrad

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Interface to Linrad
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 16:14:47 -0700

>   - How to strip the header for every packet not just the first?

What you probably want is a block that deframes data from an input
stream and outputs a message. GRC supports message passing blocks via
message queues. Which is a bit of a hack-around, so...

At some point I would like to figure out how to do this properly in the
gnuradio framework (there is message passing supported by the scheduler)
and get that working in GRC.

>   - Why no int to xxx conversions?  Seems like too be a hole not to have
> a workaround?

Nobody needed them, so they were not made. Please feel free to add
missing conversion blocks push up to a branch on github or something.

>   - Are there coding examples for adding python code to top_block as a

Well, it the generated top block is python code, so just open it in an
editor and go...

> light weight alternative to developing a new block?

Well you can write blocks entirely in python. See the blks2impl folder
for some examples.

>   - Labview has a wrapper block that loops over all the blocks within.
> Didn't see that concept in GRC, did I miss it?

It doesnt really apply. Labview is a graphical programming environment.
GRC is a flow graph editor for connecting digital processing blocks.

-josh