Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Converting complex-short to complex-float with UH

From: Almohanad Fayez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Converting complex-short to complex-float with UHD
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

I want to use COMPLEX_INT16 in hopes of generating non-normalized fixed point data using UHD.  I ultimately want to send this data over to the DSP on the E100, if I receive the data as COMPLEX_FLOAT32 then UHD is performing

fixed-point -> floating point  and I will be performing floating-point -> fixed-point
-> floating-point feeding into the FPGA.  Ultimately I want

FPGA ->fixed-point -> DSP -> fixed-point -> FPGA

instead of

FPGA ->fixed-point -> floating-point -> fixed_point -> DSP -> fixed-point -> floating-point -> fixed-point -> FPGA

however in my flowgraph I want to be able to use gr.probe_avg_mag_sqrd() and a scalar multiples before feeding into the DSP and it fails when I use  COMPLEX_INT16 because of data type confusion

al fayez