[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP network based spectrum analyzer

From: Phelps Williams
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP network based spectrum analyzer
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:50:25 -0700

I have a usrp and computer in a remote location without much network bandwidth available to the system and I'm using it as a spectrum analyzer.  I'd like to run the fft on the remote system and then send the results to a connected client for display.  This would allow me to get greater fidelity than xwindows forwarding or the ascii dft example while also using less bandwidth.  I would imagine the client side would potentially reuse some of the existing wx or qt interfaces for display and control.

This seems like a pretty useful / simple use of this hardware.  Does anybody know of any implementations floating around that does this?  I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

-Phelps