Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for GPS

From: Wolfarth, Ryan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for GPS
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:52:03 -0400

Hi Walter,

My group is using the USRP to record raw RF data at GPS and GLONASS frequencies.  We do all of our signal processing in post right now, but are interested in developing a stand alone receiver.  If you search the mailing list you'll find some other folks who are implementing GPS receivers on the FPGA.  What kind of performance metrics are you hoping to obtain?  As far as the daughter boards go, we use the RFX1200 and RFX1800.  I've also heard of people using the SBX.

I have no answer to your question regarding OpenGTS: I'm fairly new to this system as well.  If you're going to do real time tracking your best bet is probably to modify the FPGA for performance considerations.  Hope this helps!

Ryan