Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use the read_float_binary.m function

From: hasanimam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use the read_float_binary.m function
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

Still no ray of hope.

I am pasting the complete code here.

        collect_raw_data = gr.file_sink(self.fft_size, "observed_data")

        numpy.fromfile("observed_data", dtype=numpy.complex64, count=-1,
sep='')
        thingy = numpy.fromfile("observed_data", dtype=int, count=-1,
sep='')

        file = open ("outputfile", "w")

        for n in range(0, len(thingy)):
            x = str(thingy[n].real) + " " + str(thingy[n].imag)+ "\n"
            file.write(x)

        file.close()

       self.connect(self.u, s2v, c2mag, collect_raw_data)

What do you think what should be the output of the above alogrithm.
I am getting two output files for this algorithm.
One is "observed_data" which contains some unreadable characters. I think
this is a binary file. I have to convert this binary file to understand the
raw data.
The other one is "output" which contains nothing. I guess this file should
contain the converted data of "observed_data" file.

Still looking for some sort of help.

Thanks.