[Discuss-gnuradio] SDR question

From: Andrew Rich
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR question
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:08:09 +1000

I have a question about software defined radio

I saw a pass band the other day on a screen which prompted me to ask

The Software defined radio has a specific bandwidth ?

Does it "scan" across the band very quickly to form the passband, or is the bandwidth already that large it just appears as a chunk of MHz ?

I am trying to make the connection between how a Software Defined Radio would be different from an analogue system.

For example decoding packet radio using an SDR, is there any performance degradation due to the way it works ?

Would the SDR "sweep" and miss some of the signal ?

- Andrew VK4TEC -