Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 / Tunnel.py packet reflection issue

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 / Tunnel.py packet reflection issue
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:51:36 -0400

On 10/31/2011 06:40 PM, Tuan (Johnny) Ta wrote:
Marcus,

What do you mean my zero-stuffing the TX frames? And how would it help with the turn-around time of the XCVR2450 daughterboard? Do you mean I should transmit a zero-filled packet before any real packet, so that the receiving side (A in my scenario) has time to switch back to receiving before the real packet arrives?

The transmit side assumes that the combination of RX-to-TX and TX-to-RX transition experienced by both sides is non-zero. So, you get the transmit side to simply send some idle 0s, and *then* the actual start-of-frame data, etc. What happens in these situations in my experience is that the start-of-frame gets missed during the switchover interval. So if the transmit side sends zeros (or, really, anything other than the start-of-frame sequence) for a "little while" after commencing a transmit burst, you're less likely to run into TX-to-RX transition issues.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator