Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 available fo

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release candidate 3.5.0rc0 available for download
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 23:50:08 +0100

Nella citazione in data mar 01 nov 2011 22:22:06 CET, Ben Hilburn ha scritto:
Svante -

You say "see below", but I'm not seeing any error messages or attached files in your e-mail. Tell me if they are there and I'm just not seeing them, as it might be my mail client.

Regardless, yes, please join the USRP-Users list, and post your questions there. We will be happy to field any issues you may have while using UHD. I think we have de-railed Johnathan's 3.5.0 RC announcement enough at this point ;)

Cheers,
Ben

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Svante Signell <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 12:00 -0700, Ben Hilburn wrote:
    > Svante -
    >

    > UHD is an entirely different project from GNURadio.  UHD
    provides the
    > firmware & API for Ettus Research SDRs.  GNURadio has support for
    > UHD-compatible devices, through gr-uhd, but they are different
    > projects.  You can, in fact, install GNURadio without UHD, and use
    > GNURadio with SDRs that are not USRPs, or without any actual
    hardware
    > at all.
    >

    > If you have questions about using UHD with USRPs, you can get help
    > from us on the USRP-Users
    > list!
    >

    > If you want to build GNURadio with the gr-uhd component, you
    will need
    > to build and install UHD prior to building & installing
    GNURadio.  You
    > didn't say what was keeping you from building UHD in your last
    e-mail,
    > so I don't really have any information to help you yet.  If you
    still
    > need help, send your error messages to the USRP-Users list, linked
    > above, and we will do what we can to help you =)

    I used git to download the uhd code and tried to build it. But I
    did not
    succeed with autotools or cmake, se below. Additionally there does not
    seem to be any Debian packages available. So building from source
    would
    be the only option for now. I'll subscribe to USRP-Users mailing
    list if
    needed.

    Thanks!

    <http://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git>