Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GrBlock

From: spino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GrBlock
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 16:22:14 -0400

>It needs a more recent gnuradio (master or latest release) because of
>the tags requirement. Anyway, the grblock work has been continued on my
>gnuradio development branch. Its now integrated into gnuradio as well:
>http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/log/?h=next

>-Josh

Hi Josh, I installed GNURadio 3.5.0rc0 from the git repository as
normal (git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git). Could you
please help me with these questions: How can I find the examples of
GrBlock? Where to start? Do I need to compile GrBlock or it suppose to
be a part of GNURadio?

I want to write some blocks in GNURadio that perform the algorithms
that I had implemented in Matlab for joint source-channel coding, also
I'm using some basic algorithms for frequency synchronization in
matlab that I'll implement in GNURadio. Could you please advice me, I
need some sort of performance, but also I need to implement them asap.
Which option do you prefer, GrBlock approach or normal GNURadio block
implementation?

Thank you for your time, Sergio Pino
University of Delaware