[Discuss-gnuradio] Absolute time reception through python interface

From: Nicholas Lan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Absolute time reception through python interface
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:23:57 +0100

Hello,

I am able to use UHD C++ code to have an ettus device record data at a specified absolute time. I am trying to implement this functionality in python. I have read in a discussion topic that the recv command used in C++ to start receiving at a specified absolute time is not implemented through SWIG in gnuradio and that gnuradio scheduler should be used instead. I have looked through the code files including ‘scheduler’ in gnuradio as well as gr_flat_flowgraph and can’t see how to implement an absolute timed start through these codes. I also looked at gr_timer but read that this is not currently fully implemented. Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of starting reception at a specified absolute time through gnuradio/grc please?

Thanks in advance

Nicholas Lan

Nicholas Lan
Systems Engineer

Ursa Minor Space & Navigation B.V.
Rotterdamseweg 183c, 2629 HD Delft, The Netherlands
Tel (Delft): +31 (0)15 2682559
Fax: +31 (0)8 42233565
Mobile: +31 (0)6 28569546
address@hidden
www.ursaminor.nl

This e-mail communication contains confidential information that may also be privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressees. If you are not the person or organization to whom it is addressed, you must not copy, distribute or take any action based on the information contained within. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Ursa Minor B.V. immediately [telephone +31 (0) 15 2682559]. Ursa Minor B.V. will not accept liability for contractual commitments made by individuals employed by this company outside the scope of our business.