[Discuss-gnuradio] Messages, queues, and tags

From: Eugene Grayver
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages, queues, and tags
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:58:34 -0800

Hello,

I've been following the changes Josh is making to the GR messaging system.  I am not sure that a gr_tag is a good fit for a generic message.  For example, the 'offset' may not be relevant to many messages.

We've been using tags very extensively in our designs and they are great but serve a very different purpose than messages should.  Perhaps a better idea is to define a standard message header?

Eugene
Eugene Grayver, Ph.D.
Aerospace Corp., Sr. Eng. Spec.
Tel: 310.336.1274