[Discuss-gnuradio] CMake builds vs Autotools builds

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake builds vs Autotools builds
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 00:58:35 -0500

I ran into a problem tonight when I tried to build gr-fcd -- it didn't
like the /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio*.la
  files that some previous Gnu Radio build had left lying around.  So, I
thought I'd do a make uninstall
  make; sudo make install from the CMake side, and everything would be
peachy.  Well, no.  The CMake
  side doesn't update those artifacts, it seems, so if you want a to
build an auto-tools based "add on",
  like gr-fcd, you had better make sure that you've recently done an
auto-tools build of Gnu Radio, so
  that the *.la artifacts are up-to-date.  This caused me grief because
at some point, around October 31,
  I'd done an auto-tools build that produced *syntactically invalid*
 *.la files, but since I'd subsequently
  moved my life over to CMake, I guess I never noticed, until I had to
build gr-fcd as an "add on".

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium