Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault in wav file sink

From: Matt Mills
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault in wav file sink
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:37:35 -0700

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
* Do you randomly get either segfault or i/o error? I always get the i/o
 with this code..

I get both.

* Your code stresses the WAV-code a lot :) What are you trying to
 accomplish? Are you finding a bug in wavfile_sink or do you need this
 behaviour for something? Because you don't need close() if you just
 want to switch files.
* In any case, you're right. It's possible to call close() during work()
 after do_update() is finished and thus yank the fp out from under our
 feet. Actually, I can't think of any case where we need to call
 close() manually--perhaps it should even be private?

I don't think making close() private is really the right solution. I'm recording distinct conversations so having an open() unmute() mute() close() sequence per call makes the most sense (if a channel is idle for 20 minutes between transmissions then I'm going to have the last wav file open for 20 minutes; unless I open a temporary file to write nothing to, which just seems silly).

-Matt.