Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] underrun occurs when frequency changing

From: Yan Nie
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] underrun occurs when frequency changing
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:41:43 -0500

> >Really appreciate any of your suggestion!
> >
> Underrun is caused by your flow-graph not being able to provide samples to
> the hardware at the specified rate.  It looks to me like in
>   your flow-graph above, your message-queue can easily get starved for new
> bits, and so the entire flow-graph stalls.  But that's just
>   after a superficial inspection.  Since you actually *go to sleep* for an
> entire second, it seems like it would be pretty easy for the flow-graph
>   to stall.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am wondering what the reason causes my
message-queue could easily get starved for new bits? How to avoid this problem
with my message-queue? Is the problem of the wrong setting about the msg_limit
for the message-queue? I do not understand how to set the limit for msgq. What
it depends on?

I tried to make the  bits loading thread "sleep" for only 0.005s, though still
the underrun occurs. What is the reason of that?

Thanks you so much for any of your suggestions.

Thanks,
Yan