Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC error - GThread-ERROR

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC error - GThread-ERROR
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 10:24:33 -0400

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Andy Knitt <address@hidden> wrote:
> GRC was working great for me two days ago.  Shut the computer down
> with everything working.  Today I started it up (haven't changed a
> thing) and now I'm getting this error when trying to execute
> flowgraphs:
>
> GThread-ERROR **: file
> /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./gthread/gthread-posix.c: line 348
> (g_thread_create_posix_impl): error 'Invalid argument' during
> 'pthread_attr_setschedparam (&attr, &sched)'
>
> Another flowgraph that will execute runs very choppily and poorly,
> eventually locking up completely.  All was well last time I had it
> running.
>
> Could anyone tell me what might be causing these issues and why it
> seemed to start out of thin air?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Andy,
Are you still having this problem? It seems way low-level, so it's
hard to determine what might have gone wrong in GNU Radio.

I know you said you didn't have automatic updates turned on, but
perhaps you updated recently in a way that required a computer restart
that you hadn't done immediately? A change to glib2.0 might request
that.

This might seem like an extreme measure, but it's the only one I can
think of based on your email. Can you just rebuild GNU Radio from
source and reinstall it?

Tom