Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - Interface between OMAP3 and FPGA

From: Sameh Yassin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - Interface between OMAP3 and FPGA
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 01:28:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Dear ,

I used the first link to use overo GPIOs on the E100 to communicate with the SPARTN3AN FPGA.

I'm  doing the following:
1- I chose an empty GPIO input to the FPGA (for example overo_gpio22).
2- I modified the FPGA image so that debug_led1 = over_gpio220
3- I'll set and clear overo GPIO using the bash shell as I read in the first link that u recommended.

The problem:
 Although the following gpios are free on the FPGA. There are other gpios  valid on the overo. Srictly speaking

The free GPIOs on the overo
$ address@hidden:/sys/class/gpio# ls
export gpio16 gpio168    gpiochip128  gpiochip192  gpiochip64  unexport
gpio15 gpio164  gpiochip0  gpiochip160  gpiochip32   gpiochip96

The free gpios at the FPGA found at u1e.v
input overo_gpio0, input overo_gpio14, input overo_gpio21, input overo_gpio22,  // Misc GPIO
input overo_gpio23, input overo_gpio64, input overo_gpio127, // Misc GPIO
input overo_gpio176, input overo_gpio163, input overo_gpio170, // Misc GPIO

Is that normal of I did something wrong at the kernel at the overo?

Regards,
S. Yassin
HW Engineer
DLECS