Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using Sysfs to set a GPIO in Overo

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using Sysfs to set a GPIO in Overo
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:02:47 -0400

On 05/02/2012 08:16 AM, Sameh Yassin wrote:
> Dear P. Balister,
> I found that tutorial which explains very well how to create a GPIO folder
> and set its direction
> http://www.avrfreaks.net/wiki/index.php/Documentation:Linux/GPIO#gpio-sysfs
>

> I searched for the misc GPIOs to make sure they are free and I'm pretty sure
> that over_gpio0 and overo_gpio170 are free. the are not used at all inside
> the code.  I connected them to debug led0 and debug_led1 and used echo 1>
> /sys/class/gpio/gpio0/value after setting the direction but nothing at all,
> the two debug leds are off.

What version of the e100 image are you using. Can you start by making
sure you are using the latest?

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/FAQ#How-do-I-create-re-create-E1xx-SD-Card-Images

I think earler images will not have access to gpio0 due to some pinmux
stuff in u-boot. I need to double check 170 pinmuxing also. there should
be some free gpios in the 20's with the current image.

> Another question, what is the difference between gpio0 and gpiochip0 found at
> /sys/class/gpio

I think the gpiochip entries represent the various banks of gpios.

Philip