Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] power amplifier

From: g7iii
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] power amplifier
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 08:25:27 -0400

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:06:35AM +0200, Luca Pascale wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone suggest me a power amplifier to use with usrp+wbx on the
> 434 MHz band ? (I need a small output power...from 2 to 5 W).

I had exactly the same need as you, although I did want a bit more power,
but couldn't find anything "off the shelf". In the end, I went for this:

http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/en/products/power-amplifiers/mku-pa-4047-60-hy.html

Was able to turn it down though, just by driving it less, and (switchable)
attenuators in line. Was running it's VHF brother at about 2.5 Watts just
last week.

Most of the 2.5W-5W output P.A's I found were really aimed at FM handhelds,
so *not* linear.

Best Regards

Iain