Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Working at 20 MS/s

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Working at 20 MS/s
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 20:16:43 -0400

On 05/01/2012 06:58 PM, Robert McGwier wrote:
Able to use sample rates of 20 MHz doesn't necessarily include doing something as slow and killing of performance as display of an FFT.

Bob

The Gnu Radio FFT display widgets do fairly-heavy decimation in vector-sized chunks, so they're actually fairly non-costly.  You lose sensitivity
  that way, but can display spectral estimates even for fairly high sample rates, since you're only doing an FFT over a small fraction of
  the incoming data--the rest is discarded.