Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem linking app with qtgui_sink_c

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem linking app with qtgui_sink_c
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 09:38:19 -0400

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Stephen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm having a problem building my application. If anyone can tell me what
> I'm doing wrong it
> would be appreciated.
>
> All of the files I'm talking about are in gr-qtgui/lib
>
> There is a public routine, set_yaxis, in FrequencyDisplayPlot that I
> want to call. A pointer to that class is
> used in spectrumdisplayform but not public. I made it public. There is a
> pointer to
> that class used in SpectrumGUIClass but not public. I made it public.
> There is a
> pointer to that in qtgui_sink_c but not public. I made it public. Then I
> rebuilt gnuradio.
> Everything builds and gnuradio works. My application calling set_yaxis via
>
> qtgui_sink_c_sptr fft_window =    qtgui_make_sink_c(......)
>
> fft_window->d_main_gui->_spectrumDisplayForm->_frequencyDisplayPlot->set_yaxis(-130.0,
> 0.0);
>
> compiles. But when it links I get an undefined reference to
> FrequencyDisplayPlot::set_yaxis.
>
> I looked in the library that has that routine using nm and it is there
>
> libgnuradio-qtgui-3.6.1git.so:00000000000172f0 t
> FrequencyDisplayPlot::set_yaxis(double, double)
> libgnuradio-qtgui.so:00000000000172f0 t
> FrequencyDisplayPlot::set_yaxis(double, double)
>
> so what is going wrong?
>
> stephen

Stephen,
I'm not sure what's going wrong there, but that set_yaxis is exposed
through the SpectrumGUIClass as "SetFrequencyAxis", which is called
via the qtgui_sink_{c,f} as "set_frequency_axis". Can you use either
of those for what you want? (the naming was changed so that the
function exposed in GNU Radio is in the non-CamelCase style we use).

Tom