Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem linking app with qtgui_sink_c

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] problem linking app with qtgui_sink_c
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:23:06 -0400

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Stephen <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what's going wrong there, but that set_yaxis is exposed
>> through the SpectrumGUIClass as "SetFrequencyAxis", which is called
>> via the qtgui_sink_{c,f} as "set_frequency_axis". Can you use either
>> of those for what you want? (the naming was changed so that the
>> function exposed in GNU Radio is in the non-CamelCase style we use).
>>
>> Tom
>
> Now I remember how I missed this. I was wanting to change the y axis,
> the decibel values, not the x axis, frequency. So I didn't look at that
> routine. That routine name doesn't match what it does.
>
> stephen

Sure. But set_y_axis also doesn't fit, since you don't know which
y-axis you're talking about (time, waterfall, psd, etc.). Maybe
frequency_y_axis would have been better, but this was one of those
"Get it done now at all costs"(TM) type things as I recall.

It's been mentioned before that there's a rearchitecting of the gtgui
sinks going on now. As part of that, we'll try to make the many, many
properties of the sinks more accessible. I'm thinking like a keyword
lookup structure so we don't have to keep having these multiple layers
of wrapping to expose a method in a class contained down N levels.

Tom