Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about stream tag

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about stream tag
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:35:13 -0700

> In Tx side, This may be the 'best' solution at present. But in Rx side,
> I just want the USRP to sample for 5 seconds, then stop. Is there any
> way to reach this goal?  Should I use the "stream_cmd" in uhd to set the
> receive mode in USRP or any better alternative? Can the modes ("Start
> continuous", "Stop continuous","Num samps and done"...) achieve my goal?
> Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

So, you have access to start(), stop() and set_start_time() on the
source object; The issue is that you cant really stop the block while
the flow graph is running or the source block will timeout, return 0,
and quit. So, here is a potential fix to make the work function block
when the streaming is stopped:

http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/commit/?h=wip_uhd_stopper&id=c78d307ecd5dac4e28190e5aa9b8377538f65ffa

heres my git repo:
git://gnuradio.org/jblum.git