Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] graphical sink blocks of grc

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] graphical sink blocks of grc
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 15:58:22 -0400

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Nazmul Islam
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the latest version of gnuradio and gnuradio-companion a few
> weeks ago. The "Graphical Sinks" option of my grc has two blocks: Eye
> Diagram and Fast AutoCorrelation Sink.
>
> I am following a grc tutorial
> (http://www.csun.edu/~skatz/katzpage/sdr_project/sdr/grc_tutorial1.pdf). The
> authors' grc version had more blocks (scope sink, fft sink, waterfall sink,
> etc.). Were these options taken out recently?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nazmul

This sounds like you might have some old stuff laying around in your
install directory. This won't hurt you, but might cause some confusion
about things that don't actually exist anymore.

Check out "WX GUI Widgets" or you can change (in the "options" block)
to using qtgui, in which case you'll use the "QT GUI Widgets". The
renaming happened when we put in the ability to use qtgui and didn't
want a name clash.

Tom