Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LLLL error printout

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LLLL error printout
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:03:50 -0700

On 08/25/2012 01:58 AM, Qing Yang wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> I also meet the "L" output. Does this mean the USRP cannot send the packet
> out in time? What should I do to depress or avoid this error message?

Can you share under what conditions this occurs? For example, are you
experimenting with the stream tags? What hardware is involved?

There is a measurable latency between host and USRP. The time on the
packet should be greater than current usrp time + latency + some epsilon.

> Furthermore, can you explain the meaning of "U" and "O" output to the
> console?

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#overflow-underflow-notes

http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/metadata_8hpp.html

-josh