Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA time

From: Anisha Gorur
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA time
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:39:32 -0400

Thats actually what we are using, however, when printing out the tick count, we randomly, and only sometimes, see a jump of about 30 ticks, and if each tick is 10ns, that is a huge 300ns jump. Do you know why this could be happening?

We are using gpsdo's as both a time and clock reference, though this problem seems to occur even if we set the clock and time reference to external. However, setting them to gpsdo seems to make it more stable, as we have seen the ~30 tick jump fewer times with those references. Another question is why would there be a big difference in what the reference is set as when either way, supposedly the internal GPSDO is being used.

Thanks,

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 08/28/2012 12:03 PM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
> Hello,
> We've been having some trouble with the synchronizing aspects of our
> project. What we want is the exact same time as the FPGA tick counter, not
> a time_spec_t representation of time. Where can we get access to that?
> Thanks!
> -Anisha

call to_ticks with the clock rate of the device:
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/classuhd_1_1time__spec__t.html#ad75960ba4c788cd30a5d0c8904888da3

-josh