Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA time

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA time
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 14:40:01 -0700

On 08/28/2012 01:39 PM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
> Thats actually what we are using, however, when printing out the tick
> count, we randomly, and only sometimes, see a jump of about 30 ticks, and
> if each tick is 10ns, that is a huge 300ns jump. Do you know why this could
> be happening?

I'm very lost. Where are you getting the time_spec from? A receive
packet? usrp.get_time_now()? Or is this a time difference between devices?

get_time_now is completely asynchronous to the device, if thats what you
are calling in a loop, I would expect to see a lot of variation in time
deltas.

-josh