Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD replacement for write_fpga_reg

From: Colin Stagner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD replacement for write_fpga_reg
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 01:27:19 -0500

Josh,

The set_user_register() function now returns without error. I cannot
confirm that the function works, however, as my program as a whole does
not work. In my program, the transmitted signal is generated entirely in
the FPGA, and USB input is neither accepted nor required. The old
libusrp code used a usrp_sink solely to control the daughterboard and
the FPGA registers—very similar to the discontinued gr-radar-mono code.

With the UHD version, I can't get the transmitter to turn on, regardless
of input. If I connect the usrp_sink to a vector source of 1s, the
transmitter turns on, but not for very long. Is there some way to force
the transmitter to be on? I am using the RFX series daughtercards. The
transmitter should be the only thing attempting to use this particular
daughtercard. I'd appreciate any suggestions you may have, but I'll keep
poking at it.

My project itself is an FMCW chirp radar front-end for the USRP. If I
can get it brought up-to-date, and secure the permission of my sponsor,
I will release it as open source to the gnuradio community.

It might be worth adding the constants usrp.FR_USER_0 and the like back
in somewhere.

Colin