Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block missing GNU Radio Companion

From: Jose Torres Diaz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block missing GNU Radio Companion
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:50:11 +0930

Hi Josh,

Many thanks for your help, the block now is in the correct category after adding the line:

<category>Extras</category>

Regards,

Jose.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/24/2012 01:49 AM, Jose Torres Diaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a new block called "my_block", copying the example "blob_to_stream"
> provided in grcextras. I changed the files .cc, .h and .xml. Also, I added
> some lines in the CMakeList.txt files in the path:
>
> /grc
> /include/gnuradio/extras
> /lib
>
> Then, I compiled using:
>
> build/ sudo cmake ../
> build/ sudo make check
> build/ sudo make install

Jose,

I hope that you figured out the swig issue earlier!

> The problem is that I cannot see the block under "Extras" in GNU Radio
> Companion, however when I search (ie. when I type the name in GRC) "my
> block" in GNU Radio Companion the block is there. Anyone has faced
> something like this before? Do I need to change any other file for the
> compiling?

There is a category needed for each block. A category can be a tag in
the block, or an entry is a special block tree:

Here is an example:
<block>
        <name>SCCC Decoder</name>
        <key>trellis_sccc_decoder_x</key>
        <category>Error Correction/Trellis</category>
        <import>from gnuradio import trellis</import>

A little more here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Creating-the-XML-Block-Definition

-Josh