Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to capture the Rx data using uhd_rx_cfile and

From: LD Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to capture the Rx data using uhd_rx_cfile and agree with the uhd_fft Scope mode data
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:36:24 -0700

Hi,

I did try and made a GRC example of using a USRP Source and a fft sink, scope sink, and a file sink to test out the idea.

When looking at the scope sink, the data is about +/- 2x10^-4. I changed the gain of the USRP source block to 20 dB. But nothing happened to the signal amplitude. How is this possible?

Please see the attached GRC if you want to see what I am doing. Thanks.

LD

> I could go directly to GRC GUI directly and try to learn to do everything
> there. But I think there is value in being able to do this simple thing
> from the command line. Your help and suggestions are appreciated.

I will second this motion.

All of the hooks are available in the USRP source block, most of which
can be changed at runtime with a simple variable widget. Its nice to
change setting at runtime to see the effect.

Also, you can easily attach a file sink and a scope sink and an fft
sink. That way you know that you have captured to file the same thing
you are observing.

Also, be careful with the format of the file data. Its a binary array of
std::complex<float>, not float, not double, etc...

-josh