Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message passing - PSDU block and sink connection

From: Jose Torres Diaz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Message passing - PSDU block and sink connection
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:28:32 +0930

Hi Josh,

I've attached the xml file for "my_block.xml". I don't have a .i file (like "my_block.i"), because it is using the "extras_blobs.i" file. I've attached for you extras_blob.i and I added some lines to that .i file in order to include "my_block".

All the example is based on blob to stream and socket to block.

Many thanks for your kind help,

Regards,

Jose

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/26/2012 12:47 AM, Jose Torres Diaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished my block that generates PSDUs and then, it transmits
> downstream subscribers using message passing mechanism. I am using as a
> sink "Extras: Blob to Socket", but when I run my flowgraph in GNU Radio
> Companion (after connect my new block and the sink), I got the following
> error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/usrpvm/Desktop/only_test_block/asrp/top_block.py", line 51,
> in <module>
>     tb = top_block()
>   File "/home/usrpvm/Desktop/only_test_block/asrp/top_block.py", line 33,
> in __init__
>     0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1)
> TypeError: unbound method make() must be called with my_block instance as
> first argument (got int instance instead)
>
> I would really appreciate some help with this issue. Thanks a lot,
>
> Regards,
>
> Jose

Can you post your xml and .i file?

-josh