Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wav sink problem

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wav sink problem
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:31:29 -0400

On 27 Sep 2012 11:28, Anton Komarov wrote:

So it can programmed with GRC, or i supposed to make some stuff in
python script?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 7:17 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
I recall running into this issue myself now, with multimode and simple_fm_rcv. What I do in those two apps is that when I turn "off" recording, I change the wavfile filename to /dev/null, which causes a formal cleanup-and-close of the previous file. On 27 Sep 2012 11:13, Anton Komarov wrote: Martin, actually no, i am not sure. i am just pushing stop button in gnuradio companion. from grc perspective view, what method is supposed to be used for graceful script termination? O _______________________________________________ Discuss-gnuradio mailing list address@hidden https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss-gnuradio

Use a conditional _expression_ in the "filename" field of the wavefile sink, and then have a "checkbox" control to control recording.  Make the _expression_ conditional on the state of the checkbox, and if "recording" isn't checked, make the file /dev/null, otherwise make it the file you want.