Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gerrit and Jenkins?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gerrit and Jenkins?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:13:32 -0500

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm wondering whether the GR "powers that be" are thinking that GR has gotten big enough to move to using "Gerrit Git Review with Jenkins CI Server"?  I'm now part of a project that's using it, and I also maintain (in MacPorts) the Qt port and the Qt project uses this method too; so I'm learning the ropes.  My initial impression is that it's a pretty useful method for distributed revision control when there are multiple developers.  I think the main points in this system are: code review prior to merging with the master including multiple patchsets for a given changeset, and integrated build testing for each commit.

Here are some URLs:

< http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/someday.html >
< http://alblue.bandlem.com/2011/02/gerrit-git-review-with-jenkins-ci.html >
< http://vimeo.com/20084957 >
< http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/ >
< http://jenkins-ci.org >

- MLD

Hi Michael,

I'll probably need more time to review gerrit as a service to see what we can and want to use it for. We've had Jenkins running weekly builds and providing feedback for a long time now (gnuradio.org/jenkins), but we haven't really figured out how to make much use of it. I'm very interested in trying, though.

Tom