[Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measurement

From: Tommy Tracy II
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measurement
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 19:00:42 -0500

I'm trying to measure the throughput of my flow graph. In order to accomplish
this, I'm creating a transparent float block and then measuring the
btyes/second that is going through the block. Unfortunately, my block is not
acting transparently. I'm getting strange distortion when doing AM demodulation.

Below is my grextras code:
        Is there something that I am missing?

----------
class emptyBlock(gr.block):
    def __init__(self, args):
        gr.block.__init__(self, name="empty", in_sig=[float32],
out_sig=[float32])

    def work(self, input_items, output_items):
        in0 = input_items[0]
        out = output_items[0]
        out[:]=in0
        self.consume(0, len(in0))