Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measure

From: Tommy Tracy II
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Making a transparent block for throughput measurement
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:53:04 -0500

        Thank you. It worked! Unfortunately, it slowed down my flowgraph from
~6 seconds to 145 seconds.

The only difference between the two programs is in the connections:
----------
        self.connect((self.gr_wavfile_source_0, 0), (emptyBlock0,0))
        self.connect((emptyBlock0,0), (self.band_pass_filter_0, 0))
----------
which was originally:
----------
        self.connect((self.gr_wavfile_source_0,0), (self.band_pass_filter_0,0))
----------
Below is the emptyBlock code:
----------
class emptyBlock(gr.block):
    def __init__(self, args):
        gr.block.__init__(self, name="empty", in_sig=[float32],
out_sig=[float32])

    def work(self, input_items, output_items):
        output_items[0][:]=input_items[0]
        return len(output_items[0])

Thanks again!
Tom Tracy II