Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI FFTSINK in C++ Flowgraph

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI FFTSINK in C++ Flowgraph
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:35:34 -0500

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Daniel Labarowski <address@hidden> wrote:
I've been toying around with this a bit more. I added "#include <QWidget>" to the top of my program. I also added "QWidget* parent = new QWidget;" before my call to qtgui_make_sink_c and replaced "QWidget *parent=NULL" white "parent". I am now getting the following error

top_block.cc:(.text+0x8cd): undefined reference to `QWidget::QWidget(QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>)'
top_block.cc:(.text+0x94f): undefined reference to `qtgui_make_sink_c(int, int, double, double, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool, bool, bool, bool, QWidget*)'

I've double checked what little documentation I can find on qtgui_make_sink_c and I think that I am passing appropriate parameters. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

-Dan

This suggests that you are not linking against libgnuradio-qtgui.so. Make sure you are (-lgnuradio-qtgui should be used when linking).

You probably also want to use NULL for the parent. As it is now, you're using an empty QWidget, and I'm not sure what will happen with that, but it probably won't work as expected.

From your first email, it looks like you are passing "QWiget* parent=NULL" as the last parameter. Just say "NULL" here, instead.

I've never tried to use QTGUI in C++ apps, so I'm curious to know if you can get it to work.

Tom