Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Update on 'next' branch and 3.7 release

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Update on 'next' branch and 3.7 release
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 16:31:59 -0500

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
Though there are still blocks to migrate out of gnuradio-core, the bulk of this work is done.  The main task remaining for 1) is the implementation of the new gnuradio-runtime, which is in progress.

So, we are calling for more testers to check out, compile, and do testing of the next branch.  Normally, work done on the master branch gets a lot of exposure, as it is what we make our stable releases from, but there is less testing of the next branch.  While the QA unit testing code passes, it is the Python and GRC examples which tend to show up issues that aren't part of the unit testing suite.

This leaves the conversion of blocks for 2) above in the top-level components outside of gnuradio-core.

If you are willing to help us with any of these components, please be vocal about it so we know what's getting done and by whom so we don't have any duplication of efforts here!

And many thanks in advance to those willing to help us on this!

Already completed:

gr-fcd (blocks for interfacing with the FunCUBE dongle hardware)
gr-video-sdl (blocks for interfacing with the libsdl video library)
gr-trellis (blocks for trellis-coded demodulation)
gr-utils (misc. utils for working with GNU Radio data files)

Not yet started:

gr-atsc (blocks for ATSC digital TV demodulation)
gr-audio (blocks for receiving and generating audio)
gr-comedi (blocks for interfacing with the libcomedi hardware library)
gr-noaa (blocks for demodulating NOAA satellite protocols)
gr-pager (blocks for demodulating FLEX pager protocols)
gr-qtgui (blocks for creating QT-based display objects)
gr-shd (blocks for interfacing with Symplex Communications SHD devices)
gr-uhd (blocks for interfacing with Ettus Research USRP devices)
gr-vocoder (blocks implementing a variety of voice codecs)
gr-wxgui (blocks for creating wxPython-based display objects)

Quick note here, gr-qtui has already been converted to the new 3.7 structure.

Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs

Tom