[Discuss-gnuradio] Bit shift sync error with DPSK

From: Chris Biow
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bit shift sync error with DPSK
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 18:04:16 -0500

I'm trying to get a simple PSK loopback working in GRC, File Source -> DPSK
Mod -> DPSK Demod -> Unpacked to Packed -> File Sink.

On Ubuntu 12.10 x64 (build-gnuradio a few days ago), the sink file winds up
with leading 7 bytes x00, 3 bytes plus one bit noise, four mangled bits, and
then my correct bitstream. But the odd bit causes the entire remainder of
the bitstream to be right-shifted by one. Throttling doesn't seem to have
any effect.

Interestingly enough, using MSWin7, I get 6 bytes x00, 2 bytes noise, 26
bytes mangle, and then a correctly aligned stream of bytes (other than a
mangled sequence from about bytes 100-107).

Am I missing something to provide symbol timing recovery?

The GRC file is at
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B56aEJNJrwBAX2NhMHczdGhUejA

TIA,
 Chris