Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft mode

From: Aylons Hazzud
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nVidia's Tegra 4 has SDR - the i500 LTE soft modem from Icera
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 15:00:55 -0200

I don't have high hopes for this specific chip - I guess the IC will be hard to buy and the modem feature on built devices will hard to hack, lacking source and documentation for its drivers, just as Android devices are hard for cyanogenmod developers to hack with.

But these news do give some hope, the hope that more accessible high-end ARMs chips like TI's and Freescales' will follow up and incorporate these features in the future. Indeed, I am already working on a beaglebone-based SDR and this would be great.