Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I capture of the time of USRP N210 samples

From: LD Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I capture of the time of USRP N210 samples with host computer system time?
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 14:46:07 -0800

Thanks to Josh and Marcus for their comments. The set_time_now command
works! After I put it in, the earlier observed 0.5 sec offset between the 2
USRP became ~0.1 second. So there is still work to do. I guess my options
are:

1. Make the set_start_time command to work. My question is how I can make it
work in python. I hand edited the set_time_now command to embed in the
initialization part of the top_block.py code generated from GRC (which has
worked). Do I just hand edit the set_start_time just following that command?
Now the problem is that after set_time_now, the USRP time is sync'd to the
system time. But what is the argument I should give to set_start_time?

2. The other option is to get the metadata out for the samples collected.
>From what I read, it looks like one cannot do it in GRC, but have to edit
the cpp source code. Is there an example somewhere of how this is done?

Thanks very much,

LD