Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving BPSK signal

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Receiving BPSK signal
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:57:48 +0100

Using rect pulse shapes is generally not a good idea. Why do you want
that?

...but let's assume you have a good reason:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 07:41:29AM -0800, luca wrote:
> -) In the Polyphase Clock Sinc I expected to find the same taps used in the
> tx side (Polyphase Resampler).  But other taps are used.. Why ? and
> according to which approach are they generated ?

They are the same (RRC filter on both Tx an Rx).

> -) then..in case of rect pulse, the taps should be a ones vector.. do you
> agree ?

Yes.

> -) in any case, the FLL requires the excess bandwidth, so it seems it
> doesn't support no-srrc modulation.

That's how the FLL works. In theory, you need a different freq sync for
rectangular pulse shape.
The way it's implemented, it might even work, though, if you leave the
rolloff at .35.

MB
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)