Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Raspberry Pi Activity?

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Raspberry Pi Activity?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 17:12:37 +0000

On 17/01/13 14:53, address@hidden wrote:

The rPI CPU is so anemic, that running a GR stack on it doesn't make
much sense.  Perhaps just a data-gathering part, connected to some
hardware, forwarding samples to somewhere else.

I tested that using a TCP/UDP source/sink for bigger iron to connect to.
(USRP Source -> TCP Sink, TCP Source -> USRP Sink)

Better results than I expected. At native speed, I was able to do 250kHz full duplex, with very few under/overflows.

I'm convinced that if I'd overclocked it, then it would have been
fine. This was on an original model B with only 256Mb of RAM, the
B2 models with 512Mb I haven't had the chance to test with gnuradio
(yet.)

As far as special build instructions go, I followed a post on this
list, and everything built fine. I don't know if the "extra" ./configure
flags etc have made it into the build system.

Best Regards

Iain