Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Fw: Gnu radio not completely installed on Ubu

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FW: Fw: Gnu radio not completely installed on Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:45:44 -0500

On 13 Feb 2013 10:35, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:

Sure, I always run it verbose, and I will extract the exact error message, today I simply did not find the time for this :) I know it very well that the message “doe not work” does not tell very much...working on it.

Ralph.

Fair enough.

I usually find that if build-gnuradio fails, it fails because of a transient network problem, so it can't download the source it needs at the time that it's run, or the system it finds itself on is far-enough away from "stock" that its assumptions are violated, and it falls over.

For example, I had one person a couple of years back who'd redefined a few system commands that the script uses, so the script naturally, failed.