Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4x RX chains on USRP1 with DBSRX2

From: John Wilson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4x RX chains on USRP1 with DBSRX2
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:52:09 +0000

Cool thanks, I guess that's exposed in the Python scripts by usrp_source.set_bandwidth then?

John

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 5:53 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

On 13 Feb 2013 12:51, John Wilson wrote:

Hi guys,

Another quick (couple of) question(s);
 - The DBSRX2 has a programmable channel filter 1-60 MHz. Is the firmware clever enough to know to increase this bandwidth when I'm reading two separate frequencies, or is there a chance that it will ruin my day by centering a too-narrow filter around what I set as rf_freq?
 - Does GNU radio provide an interface to manually change the daughterboard channel filter?

Cheers,

John

In GRC, if you use the "bandwidth" parameter when creating the source, it will set the closest settable bandwidth, if the card has settable bandwidth.

The DBSRX2 has settable bandwidth, so you should set it manually to something appropriate based on your channel spacing.