Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-air ?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-air ?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:27:33 -0500

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Erik Jakobsen <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/20/2013 04:52 PM, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
Hi.

Found a set up article on how to set up gr-air:

http://superkuh.com/gnuradio/gr-air-modes_install.txt

I came to this step:

uhd_modes.py -d

And got this:

ERROR: uhd_modes.py has been deprecated. The new application name is modes_rx.

After i ran this:

modes_rx -d

And got this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/modes_rx", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

BTW Gnuradio is installed, and is running fine with gqrx.

How can I get out of this issue I have ?.

Thanks

Erik
I now know, that I shall run the modes_rx.

But I still get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/modes_rx", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

What is the <module>, and where to find it ?

Erik

P.S. Is it the right mailinglist for the query ?
Once more :-)

Here I have marked the line 25. Is it something from here hat cannot be loaded ?

my_position = None

from gnuradio import gr, gru, optfir, eng_notation, blks2 <----Line25
from gnuradio.eng_option import eng_option
from optparse import OptionParser
import time, os, sys, threading
from string import split, join
import air_modes
import gnuradio.gr.gr_threading as _threading
import csv
from air_modes.exceptions import *

Erik

Erik,

What version of GNU Radio are you using?

You can also easily test this by hand. Just open ipython (or just python) and start importing by hand:

from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import gru

Figure out which one is actually failing for you.

Tom