Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error with "next" branch

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build error with "next" branch
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 13:14:08 -0800

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Alexandru Csete <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm wondering what makes you think that given that the current version
in 13.04 alpha is still 3.6.1?

Release 3.6.3 has already been packaged for Debian; it's only a matter of coordination to see if it can get into Ubuntu.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but Ubuntu has infrastructure
that can fetch code from a repository and automatically build packages
whenever the code changes, and make the packages available via PPA,
see for example https://launchpad.net/~gpredict-team/+archive/daily
This could be an interesting option as there seems to be an increasing
number of people who are interested in using the latest GNU Radio.

I agree; we've considered this for making versions available that are not yet in the distribution repositories.

If 13.04 stays with 3.6.1, then we'd look at doing a PPA for 3.6.3 or 3.6.4 as needed.

Johnathan