Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_modtool cmake/make problems on OSX

From: Warren, Kevin M
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_modtool cmake/make problems on OSX
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 02:46:34 +0000

Michael, this worked perfectly, thank you so much. I'm glad there was a direct
way to do it rather than poking around into the make side of things.

>> sudo install_name_tool -id /opt/local/lib/libgnuradio-howto.dylib
>> /opt/local/lib/libgnuradio-howto.dylib
>> sudo install_name_tool -change libgnuradio-howto.dylib
>> /opt/local/lib/libgnuradio-howto.dylib
>> /opt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/howto/_howto_swig.so

>> I -highly- recommend not installing non-MacPorts stuff into the MacPorts
>> area; it's easy to overwrite something and not know it.  Most of the time
>> what you're doing works OK, but when it does not it's really difficult to
>> debug.  It's generally simple enough to set PATH and PYTHONPATH to include
>> /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib/python2.7, which should take care of all
>> of your GNU Radio needs if you install into /usr/local .

Interesting, I thought I could likely do more damage by jamming work into
/usr/local, at least if I needed to untangle something gone amiss. This is
partially based on some bad experiences with openCV and advice/experiences
related to me by a colleague  who keeps regular system 'stuff' separate from
his various projects. Obviously I'm not too far into building custom modules so
if going the /usr/local route is better I'll migrate that way.

>> Hope this help! - MLD
 Tremendously, thanks again.

Kevin