Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Add ldconfig to build instructions?

From: Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Add ldconfig to build instructions?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 16:08:00 +0100

> Ralph,
>
> I switch between versions of GNU Radio constantly on my machines and
> haven't had to run ldconfig by hand in a long time. It might be a specific
> Kubuntu issue (I run Ubuntu) or something about your environment or shell
> that you run.

OK, I see. The system is relatively unmodified, so it may really be a
Kubuntu issue. People call Windows a dll hell, but Linux obviously can grow
similar behavior.

> Still, adding a line in there as a hint that if you see a particular
problem to try
> running ldconfig in the build instructions. Remember, gnuradio.org is a
> community page and you can edit it yourself. Just follow these steps:
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#How-can-I-post-
> on-this-wiki-use-the-bug-tracker

I know, in fact in other projects I add stuff all the time, but I do not
want to add anything that is not useful for many people.

> On the other hand, you could look at this link:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#Experts-only-How-can-
I-deliberately-install-GNU-Radio-multiple-times-different-versions

This seems to be the right direction...

> Tom

Ralph.